Labels

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rd 3 2010 - Workout and Party - It's a wrap!

I have had a big wake up call this weekend. I went in my mind's eye from fit fat (and acceptable) to just plain old fat (unacceptable).

I honestly thought that I was okay. That I was reasonably fit for my size, that I can do all the things I want to do and that I wasn't "that big".  I was horrified to discover that I am actually, really that big...

After seeing the photos from the 2010 Rd 3 12WBT workout, I decided:

I never want to sit out on a Michelle Bridge's workout session again.

I never want to see myself looking like that again.

I never want to let a week pass where I haven't done my best to be the best version of me that I can be.

I saw so many people who represent what I want to be in terms of size and fitness and the penny dropped that they had earned that. They hadn't made some half-hearted attempt and given up half way. They worked their arses off (in some cases literally) to get to where they were while I had stood on the sidelines and watched them go by - whining all the way.

Mish Bridges told me in the last live video that I needed to think about my commitment and to do some deep soul searching as to why I hadn't "succeeded" on the previous rounds...... I guess it really hit home when I saw myself from afar and realised how little effort I had really made and just how much I expected from that.

BUT!! It's not all bad news. The wonderful Talia (who was 3rd place for Michelle Bridge's 12WBT Rd 3 2010) suggested I acknowledge a positive each day.

So my positives from the weekend are:
- A 20 second improvement on my 1km trial even though I hadn't trained for the past 6 weeks (6:36).
- I got a wake up call - loud and clear!
- I got to meet some very special, loving giving people who gave me kinder eyes on myself.
- I got to be me for a few days and, deep down, I didn't mind what I saw.

I am ready to dig deep and move towards the person I want to be physically and mentally and I really feel like I am half way there already.

No comments:

Post a Comment