Labels

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Head Games 1 - Emotional Eating

One of the big battles I have with eating is the emotional eating. In the past I would eat when I'm stressed, when I'm bored, when I'm procrastinating, when I want to "feel better" about myself, for comfort, for sadness, in celebration - Cripes!!! - Where does it stop??

It's still happening right now - I'm not hungry but I want to snack on something because it will aid me in not thinking about all the other stuff happening in my life which is making me feel out of control....

In the past, choosing to eat something made me feel in control.

Now, I feel in control when I say no and try to label the emotion I'm trying to feed instead and then DEAL WITH IT!!!! Gosh, imagine recognising and "resolving" your own problems. I've been finding I just keep breaking it down in to manageable chunks. Even if it's as small as making a list of what steps I need to take to resolve the issue.

Yesterday I took myself out for a run/walk/run/walk/run in misting rain to make myself feel better and clear my head - and it worked! Who would have thought I wouldn't need chocolate cake.......

I kind of want to take a picture of this moment right now - because I feel pretty happy and I feel pretty strong and I feel like I am in control - and I want to remember this is why!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment