Labels

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sit, Labrador, Sit!

I've done really, really well today. I'm not hungry and am keeping my food simple but, I tell you, my "inner labrador" will not shut up! It wants me to eat, something, anything! In case, I get hungry later and don't have anything to grab.... Because I like it... Because I can....

It is also well aware that I want to eat anyway, as a distraction to thinking about why I am upset today, why I am letting things get to me that don't really matter, why I am feeling so emotionally drained.... Because when I'm in the moment, eating, exercising whatever - I don't think about me, about my feelings - I just exist, function.


And I never have to confront, why I am where I am and what I am going to do about it.... Sometimes it's good to get out of your head but sometimes it's good to have a look inside. So today I am telling my Inner Labrador to sit, be quiet and let me think. Because I am moving forward and unless my Inner Labrador learns some manners, he/she is not coming along for the ride!**

**Who am I kidding?? That Inner Labrador has to find a new home! I don't have the space for him/her anymore ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment