Labels

Friday, May 20, 2011

Pre-Season Task Two! - Oh the mental games we play.....

1. I am okay the way I am. I don’t look as fat as I weigh….
  The bottom line is that “the way I am” is unhealthy and even if it doesn’t impact on my life now - it will down the track. It will be harder to fix /change things down the track, so I need to do it now, even if I don’t look as “fat as I weigh..”

2. It’s too hard to become a better person.
It’s hard but not “too” hard. I have gotten through bigger things and I am more capable than I give myself credit for. I have the ability to be a better person

3. I don’t have the brain capacity for this… still….
What “brain capacity” does it require?? I think you mean emotional capacity and you’ve already proven that you can cry your way through a triathlon or an RPM class and still get a good calorie burn. Also you have gone a loooong way in diminishing your emotional eating. You don’t need to think about this - you just need to take the program and do it. How many times?????

4. I am comfortable where I am. I already push out of my comfort zone in other areas of my life. I don’t want to push out of my comfort zone with exercise and food.
It may be true that you don’t have lofty goals of running a marathon or doing a full triathlon but the fact is, as long as you are sitting in your comfort zone - you are not reaching your full potential or being the best version of yourself. You are being the comfortable version of yourself and in the long run, that is going to be bloody boring. The only way to expand your comfort zone and experience more in your life is by being outside your comfort zone in all aspects of your life. Being out of my comfort zone with exercise is a good thing, it sharpens my mind as well as building physical strength and rolls in to other aspects of my life.

External Excuses Within My Control

1. It’s too cold to run outside.
Is it really too cold to run outside?? Is it so cold, that you are in fact going to die if you run outside?? And if so, what alternate exercise can you do instead of laying in bed repeating to yourself, “I don’t want to do this.. I don’t want to do this…”. Have a plan, a plan so evil that running outside seems like the favourable option. eg.  If I don’t go for a run outside I will spend an hour alternating between push -ups ON MY TOES and burpees…..

2. My current commitments don’t allow me to get to the gym when I want to.
2. Work around those commitments. It’s not about when you WANT to go to the gym. It’s when you can. So start getting used to those Mish Bridges workouts that you can do when you can’t make it to a class. At home, in the backyard, at the gym when there are no classes on, on the gym machine.. Are you for real??? Options, JFDI, Let’s finish this girlfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment