Labels

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

100g of M&Ms = 500 calories = feeling very, very ill

I've been in an emotional slump for days now. It seems to have tied in with me giving up on Pepsi MAX and I'm on to Day 5 (06 Jan 11) and I feel like crap.

The past 4 days I have been fighting emotional eating binges with a great deal of success but caved yesterday. I felt so miserable, so down in the dumps and the urge to stuff food in my mouth became all too much. 100g of M&Ms doesn't look like much, but it sure made me feel sick - I haven't eaten that much chocolate in one hit in a long time and it made me feel ill. This was heightened by reading after the fact, how many calories I had actually consumed.

It also hit home to me how easily I ate excess calories before this Michelle Bridge's program. On top of that chocolate - I would have had ice-cream, carbs, biscuits, packets of chips. Along with large portion sizes, I would easily have been eating in excess of 2000 calories a day and not exercising and gaining weight.

I don't know why I am so bummed out right now. It is driving me nuts but I will get there. I always do. I just have to hope I don't take too many casualties along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment